So far it has participated at the EducEco Challenge in Colomiers, France and the Shell Eco-marathon Europe.
It has shown its reliability and efficiency at both competitions successfully.
At the EducEco it was finishing all test and competition runs and at the Shell Eco-marathon all test and 3 out of 4 competition runs.
eLi15 was for modified for the EducEco competition due to differences in the reglements.
At the EducEco the Battery of eLi15 was suported by silcon solar panels, while we used Gallium-Arsenic at the Shell Eco-marathon.
Even the motor controller was diffrent. We tuned our motor controller from the previous seasons for the EducEco and developed our own for the Shell Eco-marathon.
Shell Eco Marathon Europe
- 1st place (863km/kWh, equals 7702 km/l Super Plus95)
- 1st place (1888km/kWh, equals 16850 km/l Super Plus95)
- Winner of the "Grand Prix", of all Prototypes, for the best prototype
concept and result
- Winner of the Design Award, for for the best concept and execution
- Winner of the Technical Innovation Award, for the engineering work done for the leightweight cross member with a weight of 840 grams
- Winner of the Best Motorization Award, for the leightweight motor
assembly weighing just 512 grams.
• Monocoque made from carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP)
• Mass: about 25 kg (ready to drive)
• Design speed: 30 km/h
• Propelled by an electromotor
• Energy provided by LiPo batteries and solar cell
• Lithium-Polymer batteries as energy storage
• Solar cells as secondary energy source
• Battery management system
• Nominal power: 140W
• Power consumption while maintaining 30 km/h on a flat surface: 30 W
• Specifically designed electric motor
• Chain transmission
• Self-developed motor controller
• Communication via CAN-Bus
• CFK Tooling of all parts using the VAP process
• Chassis parts manufactured with prepreg technology
• Integral design for enhanced stability
• Weight without attachement parts 7 kg
• Aerodynamicyally optimized shape
• 17 mm aluminium honeycomb as sandwich material
• Top cover-monocoque: conic flange as connecting element
• Top cover: flange connects to monocoque; embedded solar cells
• Crossbeam: self-supporting, aerodynamically neutral airfoil
• Windshield: 3D formed PMMA
• All attachements made of CFRP
• 3 wheels for reduced rolling friction
• Axles adjustable in all dimensions
• Space saving, precise front axle steering based on bowden wires
• Specifically designed kinematics of the front axle for reduced rolling friction and optimal handling
• Hydraulic disc brakes